Smile Train Indonesia is committed to the highest levels in protecting the information that you provide us. This Policy is aimed to outline the reason for collecting your Personal Information and the manner in which we collect, store, use or disclose your Personal Information. Any information you provide to us on our Site is stored and only used for the purposes outlined below. Personal Information may be stored and used by Smile Train Indonesia having its registered office address in Talavera Office Park 28th Floor, Jl. TB Simatupang Kav. 22-26, DKI Jakarta 12430.
Smile Train Indonesia reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time, without any notice, by posting a modified version of the Policy on our Site, however, we will never materially change our Policy to make them less protective of Personal Information collected in the past. Any such change will be effective immediately upon posting the same on the Site. This Policy notifies you of the following:
- Reasons for collection of Personal Information and manner of its collection
- Nature of Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Accuracy of the Personal information
- Security procedures for protection of your Personal Information
Reasons for collection of Personal Information and manner of its collection:
We collect your information so as to enable and improve our services to you such as processing the donations provided by you and ensuring that you get accurate receipts of your donation. We also collect your Personal Information for the purposes of sending you information about the existing or upcoming projects of Smile Train Indonesia and providing new opportunities for you to assist in Smile Train Indonesia’s mission.
Smile Train Indonesia collects Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by email, phone, SMS, mail or in application forms, or through our Site.
- From third parties to whom you have given permission to share your Personal Information.
- From our own records of how you use our services and facilities.
- From your use of our Site such as the internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the internet; e-mail address; computer and connection information such as browser type and version; operating system and platform and cookie number.
Nature of Personal Information:
The Personal Information that we typically ask you for is your name and your contact details (including address, email, phone numbers etc.). Further, for the purposes of processing your donations, you are required to provide your bank’s credit card or debit card details to the third party service providers.
We would like to clarify that Smile Train Indonesia does not receive or retain any financial data through online transactions, including bank account details, credit or debit card details. These details are directly provided by you to our payment gateway service providers and are used by our payment gateway service providers for facilitating payment of your donation to us, and these details are processed by them under their own privacy policies.
We also maintain details of Smile Train Indonesia’s services and facilities that you might typically use in relation to making donations, requesting for newsletters, etc. and communications we send to you such as newsletters and appeals.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
Except as provided in this Policy, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to any third party your Personal Information unless we provide you with an advance notice by way of posting the same on the Site and/or by email. It is your responsibility to review them for any changes. Smile Train Indonesia shares your Personal Information only as described below and with its promoter and affiliates. You agree and consent for Smile Train Indonesia to disclose and transfer your Personal Information, if so required, as stated in this section.
- Third party service providers- Personal Information may be shared with our Site hosting partners and other entities that assist us in operating our Site, conducting our activities or servicing you, so long as such entities agree to keep the information shared as confidential and follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Policy.
- Compliance with law and protection of Smile Train Indonesia and others- We may release your Personal Information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Site policies and other agreements, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging Personal Information with other persons/organizations, government or regulatory authorities for fraud protection.
- Communication related services - Occasionally, we may use external suppliers to contact you or help us with mailing or texting information to you.
Accuracy of the Personal Information:
The accuracy of your Personal Information depends on the authenticity of the information you provide. Smile Train Indonesia shall not be responsible for any inaccurate or deficient information provided by you. That is why, for the purposes of maintaining accurate and up-to-date information, we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your Personal Information provided to us; and
- keep us up to date of the changes to Personal Information such as your name, address or other contact details.
When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records. If at any time you do not wish to receive any communication or information material, please let us know so that your preferences can be registered.
- This Site uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, which is able to recognise your browser and helps us to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. We use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our Site.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Security procedures for protection of your Personal Information:
Smile Train Indonesia will take appropriate measures to protect Personal Information that are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations including but not limited to Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 made under the Information Technology Act, 2000.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or how Smile Train Indonesia processes Personal Information, or if you wish to modify or object to the use of your Personal Information, please contact Smile Train Indonesia at Talavera Office Park 28th Floor, Jl. TB Simatupang Kav. 22-26, DKI Jakarta 12430, and we will try to resolve your issues.